|Prep Time:||10 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 14-oz (398-ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 11/2 tbsp (22.5ml) raw tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp (45-60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp (60ml) water, or more, depending on desired consistency
- Place the garlic in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add the chickpeas and continue to process until well broken down.
- Add the tahini and process further.
- Add the lemon juice, oil and salt. Continue to process, adding just a little water at a time, until a thick paste is formed or to desired consistency.
- Transfer into a small serving bowl, place a black olive in the middle and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate, then serve with a Greek salad and warm pita bread. Or, pipe onto slices of cucumber.