|Prep Time:||10 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 cloves Garlic, halved
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp Onion, minced
- 1 Large tomato, diced
- 1/8 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Toast bread on both sides until brown under broiler in toaster oven, rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic half.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and cook, stirring, until tender. Add tomato, oregano and pepper, stir to mix.
- Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of hot toast and serve or sprinkle with parmesan and broil for 1 minute.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 7.6g Total fat 4.2g Carbohydrates 37g Calories 218 Sodium 476mg Cholesterol 2mg