|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 13⁄4 cup Beef broth
- 1⁄2 pkg. Dried onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup Red wine or beef broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 11⁄2 lb. Lean stewing beef
- 18 Baby carrots
- 6 Small onions, halved
- 24 Small mushrooms trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 pkg. Frozen puff pastry
- Parsley, freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine cornstarch, broth, onion soup mix, wine and bay leaf in an 11×7 inch (2L) rectangular casserole dish.
- Trim and discard fat from beef and cut into 1 inch cubes. Add beef to casserole dish and stir well. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Follow package directions for defrosting pastry.
- Remove dish from oven and arrange carrots, onions, and mushrooms over meat. Return to oven covered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and discard bay leaf.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface into a large rectangle. Cover casserole with pastry fluting top edge. Cut steam holes and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 25g Total fat 17g Carbohydrates 29g Calories 374 Sodium 535mg Cholesterol 2mg