|Prep Time:||45 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 2 Slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 3 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 28 oz. Canned tomatoes,
- drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Reduced sodium chicken stock
- Dash Hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet or shallow dutch oven lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for 10 minutes and transfer to plate, keep warm.
- Add bacon to pan and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain off fat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until no liquid from mushrooms remains, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock to pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and hot pepper sauce and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 37g Total fat 10g Carbohydrates 11g Calories 281 Fiber 3g Sodium 747mg Cholesterol