|Prep Time:||1.5 Hours||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 2 Eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Medium chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Sweet green pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 tsp Chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
- 11⁄2 lb. Lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1⁄4 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a 8×4 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Mix a 1⁄4 cup of the salsa, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, chili powder, salt, thyme and pepper in with the eggs.
- Add ground turkey and mix.
- Pat evenly into loaf pan.
- Spread remaining salsa over top and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Drain off fat and sprinkle cheese over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
Meat thermometer should read 185°F when cooked.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 19.5g Total fat 9g Carbohydrates 6.75g Calories 209 Sodium 417mg Cholesterol 115mg