|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup Quick-cooking oats
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 tsp Hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper
- 4 Large whole wheat buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine turkey and oats. Add half the sauce and mix thoroughly. Form into 4 large patties with hands.
- Barbeque on grill or broil 6 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Brush with remaining sauce after burgers have been turned.
Adding 1 cup of ground flax seed to the recipe will increase the Omega 3 intake and help to brown the burgers.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 16g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 66g Calories 354 Sodium 39.2mg Cholesterol 28mg