|Prep Time:||1.5 hours||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 1 cup Dried white kidney beans
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Bunch of watercress, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cup Kale, finely chopped or collard greens
- 11⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak beans in 4 cups (1L) of cold water overnight. Drain.
- In a large pot bring 8 cups water, beans, onions and garlic to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour. With slotted spoon, remove 1 cup of the beans and set aside.
- To pot add watercress and parsley and simmer for five minutes.
- In blender or using immersion blender, puree soup until smooth, adding enough water to make 7 cups.
- Return to pot and add kale, reserved beans, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until greens are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil.
If short on time, purchase 2 (19 oz.) cans of white kidney beans and rinse well to replace dried beans soaked over night. Reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 16g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 45g Calories 270 Sodium 939mg Cholesterol 0mg