|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 4 Salmon fillets, skinned
- (about 5oz. each)
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh mint
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup White wine or white grape juice
- 1 Red or green hot pepper, seeded and minced or 1⁄2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- Sprinkle salmon with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, hot pepper, mint and a 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt until onions are softened, about 1 minute. Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- Add wine and water to skillet and heat over medium heat until small bubbles appear. Add olive oil.
- Place salmon in skillet, cover and reduce heat to low. Poach turning once until fish flakes easily when tested, about 7-9 minutes.
- Remove salmon with slotted spoon and drain well. Stir lemon juice into reserved mint mixture and spoon over salmon.
- Place fish on plate and drizzle with olive oil.
This recipe can also be made ahead of time and served chilled.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 22g Total fat 19g Carbohydrates 3g Calories 269 Sodium 64mg Cholesterol 62mg