|Prep Time:||25 Min||Servings:||5 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 11/3 cup Dried penne or macaroni
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup Onion, chopped
- 11/2 cup Fat free milk
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp Curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water
- 6 oz. Can tuna packed in distilled or spring water
- 1⁄2 cup Canned tomatoes (no salt added), diced and drained
- 1 tbsp Margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Rice cereal crumbs
- Cook penne using package directions, omitting salt and oil. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat broiler to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a 11⁄2 quart broiler proof casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until translucent stirring occasionally. Whisk in milk, parsley, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Put cornstarch in a small bowl adding water whisking to dissolve.
- When milk mixture is hot, gently whisk in cornstarch mixture. Continue to whisk gently for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Drain tuna. Flake with a fork. Stir tuna, penne, and tomatoes into sauce. Pour into casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine margarine and crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over casserole and broil for 5 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 15g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 34g Calories 243 Sodium 259mg Cholesterol 16mg