|Prep Time:||40 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 Can of lentils, drained
- 2/3 cup Rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup Onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or vegan alternative)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 4 Whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup Medium salsa
- 1 cup Lettuce, shredded
- Mash lentils in a large bowl using a fork or masher. Stir in oats, onion, celery, water, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Shape lentil mixture into 4 patties and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat large skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add patties cook until golden brown on both sides. Use oil if needed.
- Serve in pita pockets with salsa and lettuce.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 23.7g Total fat 6.9g Carbohydrates 66.5g Calories 366 Sodium 507mg Cholesterol 3mg