|Prep Time:||15 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 2 Medium baking potatoes (about 11⁄2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded Gruyere cheese (2 oz – divided)
- 2 tbsp Low fat sour cream
- 2 tsp Non-hydrogenated margarine or vegan butter
- 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cup Red onion,vertically sliced
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce or vegetarian alternative
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp Dried thyme
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and arrange on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high for 6 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 4 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out potato leaving a 1⁄4 inch thick shell. Combine potato pulp, half the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Heat margarine in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar, sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in sherry, worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Top each potato half with about 2 tablespoon onion mixture and 1 tablespoon of left over cheese.
- Arrange stuffed potato halves on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 9.9 Total fat 6.4g Carbohydrates 40.7g Calories 238 Sodium 375mg Cholesterol 21mg