|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 9 Lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 3 cup Tomato pasta sauce
- 11⁄2 tsp Dried basil
- 12 oz. Textured soy protein ground beef substitute
- 2 cup Smooth 5% ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Low fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook lasagna noodles as directed, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Toss with oil and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, Cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomato sauce and basil.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in textured soy protein and simmer for another 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl stir together ricotta, mozzarella, milk, and 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese.
- Spread a 1⁄4 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread half of cheese mixture over noodles. Top with 1/3 of tomato sauce. Top with three noodles.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture over noodles. Top with 1/3 of tomato sauce. Top with remaining noodles. Spread remaining tomato sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20-25 minutes, or until hot all the way through.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 8.9g Total fat 5.1g Carbohydrates 44.9g Calories 251 Sodium 786mg Cholesterol 0mg