|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 11⁄2 cup Cooked brown rice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Green peppers, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 4 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 28 oz. Tomatoes, diced
- 3 oz. Can of tomato paste
- 10 oz. Red kidney beans, canned
- 1⁄2 cup Soybeans, canned
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- Follow directions on package to cook brown rice, set aside when done.
- In a large stock pot heat oil until hot, add onions, garlic, green peppers, celery and carrots. Cook vegetables until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse canned beans.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and canned beans. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 7.6g Carbohydrates 74.5g Calories 439 Sodium 961mg Cholesterol omg