|Prep Time:||30 Min||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 4 Baking apples
- 3 tbsp Non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground cloves
- 3 tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp Coconut, grated
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse apples, cut in halves and core. Do not peel. Place apples in cold water with a little lemon juice.
- Heat margarine in a saucepan and add sugar, flour, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add chopped nuts and coconut and blend. Remove from heat.
- Remove apples from water and pat dry.
- Place apple halves in an ovenproof dish. Fill holes with nut mixture and mound filling on top of each apple.
- Bake apples for about 20 minutes or until tender and filling is golden brown.
- Serve apples warm with frozen vanilla yogurt
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 1.5g Total fat 2.8g Carbohydrates 31.1g Calories 244 Sodium 103mg Cholesterol 0mg