|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||12+ servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cup Carrots, grated
- 2/3 cup Raisins or dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup Drained canned pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup Low fat yogurt
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- 11/2 tsp Baking powder
- 11/2 tsp Baking soda
- 11/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Light cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Low fat milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together oil and sugar until smooth, add eggs and vanilla and beat well (the mixture may look curdled).
- Add banana, carrots, raisins, pineapple and yogurt combine well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined. Add to carrot mixture stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place pan in the centre of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the pan cool for 10 minutes before inverting the cake onto
- a serving plate.
- In the bowl of food processor, beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and milk until smooth, drizzle over top of cake. Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 4g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 41g Calories 223 Sodium 196mg Cholesterol 30mg