|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 2 oz. Whole dried apricots (about 6)
- 1⁄2 cup Cold water
- 1⁄4 cup Boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup All purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb. Firm fresh rhubarb
- 12 oz. Fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp Grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the dried apricots and the cold water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the boiling water and puree until smooth.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the apricot puree to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork to the texture of coarse meal, set crumble aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl add the sugar, flour and lemon rind and mix with fruit.
- Trim the rhubarb and cut it into 1⁄4 inch chunks. Cut the strawberries and put into a 1 quart casserole dish or an 8 x 8 inch non-stick baking pan along with the rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit filling and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 1.9g Total Fat .4g Carbohydrates 22.2g Calories 95 Sodium 79mg Cholesterol 0mg