|Prep Time:||15 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 1/2 cup dry prosecco
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tbsp. smoked, chopped almonds
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh basil
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 4 oz/ 115 g baby arugula
- 1 large fennel bulb with fronds
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce the prosecco to 1/4 cup. Let it cool.
- In a food processor, mince the garlic and 2 tbsp of the almonds, then add the lemon juice, mustard, salt and sugar and process. With the machine running, gradually pour in the oil. When the dressing is emulsified, add the basil and process to mix. Season with pepper.
- Arrange the arugula on a platter or individual plates.
- Use a mandolin to finely slice the fennel. Save 1/2 cup of the fronds. Spread the fennel and fronds over the arugula, top with orange slices and drizzle everything with the dressing. Top with the remaining 4 tbsp smoked almonds and serve.
This recipe was adapted from Big Vegan by Robin Asbell.