|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 19 oz. Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Large flake oats
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb. Extra lean ground beef
- Place black beans, onion, spices, oats and egg in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the bean mixture into a large bowl and mix with the ground beef thoroughly.
- Form into 10 patties about the size of the palm of your hand.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat. Cook burgers over medium heat for 10 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun with fresh vegetable toppings.
Using a grilling basket helps to ensure they keep their shape. They can also be cooked inside in a frying pan.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 18g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 13g Calories 179 Sodium 178mg Cholesterol 54mg