|Prep Time:||15 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 12 oz. Beef sirloin
- 11⁄2 tbsp Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 5 Carrots, cut into thirds and sliced lengthwise
- 1 Orange
- 11⁄2 tbsp Sesame oil11⁄2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Green onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch Pepper, sugar and salt
- 1⁄4 cup Canola oil
- Cut beef into thin strips.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, cornstarch, pepper and grate 1⁄4 teaspoon of the orange rind in small bowl.
- Add juice of the orange (should be a 1⁄2 cup – no pulp) and remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil to the bowl and set aside.
- In a wok heat oil on high heat, add half the beef (at a time) and cook until lightly browned. Add carrots and cook until edges are brown. Remove from wok.
- Add garlic, a pinch of salt and stir fry until golden.
- Add orange mixture and bring to a gently bubble.
- Add beef and carrots. Stir fry until sauce is thickened.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 21.8g Total fat 16.2g Carbohydrates 16.6g Calories 296 Sodium 463mg Cholesterol 47mg