|Prep Time:||20Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 lb Beef tenderloin, boneless round steak, or boneless sirloin, all visible fat removed
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Low fat sour cream
- 2 cup Reduced sodium beef broth
- Slice meat into thin strips about 2 inches long and season with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat bottom.
- Sauté mushrooms until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Sauté onion in same skillet until brown, 3 to 4 minutes and add to mushrooms.
- Add meat to skillet and brown quickly on all sides until rare, 3-4 minutes. Add to mushrooms and onion.
- Add flour to skillet and gradually pour in broth, whisking constantly. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients except sour cream. Stir in mushroom, onions and meat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour sour cream in a small bowl. Stir in a small amount of meat mixture Add sour cream mixture to skillet. Cook and heat through, stirring occasionally.
Put meat in freezer for 30 minutes for easier slicing.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 30g Total Fat 9g Carbohydrates 31g Calories 309 Sodium 155mg Cholesterol 38mg