Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 14-oz (398-ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) raw tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp. (45-60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) water, or more, depending on desired consistency
1. Place the garlic in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
2. Add the chickpeas and continue to process until well broken down.
3. Add tahini and process further.
4. Add lemon juice, oil, and salt. Continue to process, adding just a little water at a time. Do this until a thick paste has formed; or until the hummus reaches your desired consistency.
5. Transfer into a small serving bowl, place a black olive in the middle and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Cover and refrigerate, then serve with a Greek salad and warm pita bread. Or, pipe onto slices of cucumber.