Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly spray a shallow baking dish (1L) with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Peel and chop butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes on high in the microwave in a covered bowl. Mash with a fork.
4. Combine 2 cups mashed butternut squash with the low-fat cream cheese, brown sugar, egg, ground ginger, pepper, salt, and 1⁄2 a cup of bread crumbs.
5. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining bread crumbs.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional information per 1/2 cup serving: Protein 7.4g Total fat 7.2g Carbohydrates 31.5g Calories 216 Sodium 260mg Cholesterol 38.6mg