Prep time: 10 minutes
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese, grated
1. Toast bread on both sides until brown under broiler in toaster oven, rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic half.
2. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and cook, stir until tender. Add tomato, oregano and pepper. Stir to mix.
3. Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of hot toast, serve or sprinkle with parmesan, and broil for 1 minute.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 7.6g Total fat 4.2g Carbohydrates 37g Calories 218 Sodium 476mg Cholesterol 2mg