Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 cup Skim milk
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup All purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Lightly spray 6 oz. custard cups or 3 inch muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set the cups aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the egg whites, milk, and oil. Add the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Use a wire whisk to beat until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cups filling each half way.
5. Bake about 30 minutes or until the tops are dry and firm.
6. Immediately remove the popovers from the cups and serve hot.
- If using custard cups, you should place them on a cookie sheet.
- Nutritional information per serving: Protein 6.2g Total Fat 2g Carbohydrates 17.7g Calories 111 Sodium 169mg Cholesterol 0mg