Prep time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz. Salmon fillet
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 7 slices Pumpernickel bread
- 3 tbsp Finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup Finely diced bell pepper and parsley leaves
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Have 13⁄4 inch heart shaped cookie cutter ready.
2. Place salmon in cookware after coating with non-stick cooking spray, sprinkle with pepper. Bake 8-12 minutes, until opaque in centre.
3. Toast pumpernickel bread. Using heart shaped cookie cutter cut out 24 hearts.
4. Mix parsley, garlic, lemon peel and salt in medium bowl.
5. Take hot salmon and flake (discard skin), into bowl and toss gently to mix.
6. Top hearts with salmon mixture. Place on serving platter. Garnish with sour cream, diced pepper and parsley.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 8g Total fat 4g Carbohydrates 12g Calories 114 Sodium 250mg Cholesterol 17mg