Prep time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz. salmon fillet
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 7 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely diced bell pepper and parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Have a 13⁄4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter ready.
- Place salmon in cookware after coating with non-stick cooking spray, sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until salmon has become opaque in the center.
- Toast pumpernickel bread. Using the heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 24 hearts.
- Mix parsley, garlic, lemon peel, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Take hot salmon and flake (discard skin) into the bowl and toss gently to mix.
- Top hearts with salmon mixture. Place on serving platter. Garnish with sour cream, diced pepper, and parsley.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 8g Total fat 4g Carbohydrates 12g Calories 114 Sodium 250mg Cholesterol 17mg