Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup Chicken broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Crushed dried chilies
- 6 cloves Garlic, sliced thin
- 5 dozen Mussels
- 1⁄2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 Spring onions, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl mix together the broth, bay leaves, lemon zest and juice, chilies, and garlic.
- Wash mussels and remove beards.
- Gently heat the seasoned broth in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Increase heat to high and add mussels and wine. Cover and cook until mussels open, about 7 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that do not open during cooking. Divide mussels and broth among 4 bowls and garnish with spring onion and parsley.
Approximate nutritional information per serving: Protein 5g Total Fat 3g Carbohydrates 25g Calories 142 Sodium 280mg Cholesterol 5mg