- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cup kale, finely chopped (remove stems)
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 5 oz. medium tofu, drained
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare vegetables.
2. Puree tofu with egg whites, Italian seasoning and turmeric in a blender.
3. In a large skillet: sauté the onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale, and tomato for 1 minute over medium-low heat, stirring often. Add stock and red wine vinegar.
4. Pour tofu mixture over vegetables. Then cover and cook over low heat until the mixture is completely firm and cooked, about 12 minutes. Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 12.4g Total fat 3.7g Carbohydrates 16.5g Calories 138 Sodium 88mg Cholesterol 0mg