Yield: 6 roses Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes
1 frozen puff pastry/filo dough sheet, thawed
2 red apples
Lemon juice (to prevent apples from browning)
1 tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
Powder sugar for decorating (optional)
1. Thaw the puff pastry if you haven’t done so yet. It should take about 20-30 minutes.
2. Prepare a bowl with the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices
3. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon.
4. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon with the apples
5. Make strips of dough and brush on margarine and cinnamon mixture
6. Place the apples along the top of the dough so that part of the apple is over the dough
7. Fold the remaining dough over the apples, half of the apple is covered
8. Roll the apples and dough, place in a muffin tin
9. Bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown
10. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm