- 3 cups Flour (you can use Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- (if making Gluten Free)1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup agave nectar (can use less)
- 1 cup rice milk (non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 cups shredded carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add in the oil, agave nectar, rice milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients just until a thick batter forms.
3. Slowly add the hot water and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
4. Using a plastic spatula, gently fold in the carrots just until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
5. Pour 1/3 cup batter into each prepared cup, almost filling it.
6. Bake the cupcakes on the center rack for 25 minutes.
7. Let the cupcakes stand in the tins for 20 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely.