Prep time: 40 minutes
- 2 Sweet green peppers
- 1⁄4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 Sweet red pepper
- 28 oz. Canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 -19 oz. Canned black beans
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Chipotle peppers minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground cumin
- Coriander sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes, chop onions and mince garlic. Set aside.
3. Halve and seed peppers. Place on baking sheet skin side up and broil till blackened.
4. Transfer to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
5. Peel off skins, chop and set aside.
6. In dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and cinnamon until onion is softened.
7. Add 1 cup water. Cover and simmer, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
8. Drain tomatoes, set juice aside and cut into quarters.
9. Drain canned beans and rinse.
10. Add tomatoes and juice, beans, chipotles, adobo sauce, reserved peppers and any juices and oregano to pot.
11. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. Garnish with coriander sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 16g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 66g Calories 354 Sodium 827mg Cholesterol 0mg