Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 28 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 3 oz. can of tomato paste
- 10 oz. red kidney beans, canned
- 1⁄2 cup soybeans, canned
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Follow directions on package to cook brown rice, set aside when done.
2. In a large stock pot heat oil until hot, then add onions, garlic, green peppers, celery, and carrots to the pot. Cook vegetables until tender, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse canned beans.
5. Now add tomatoes, tomato paste, and canned beans to the pot. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in rice, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 7.6g Carbohydrates 74.5g Calories 439 Sodium 961mg Cholesterol omg