Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen fillets (sole, perch or tilapia)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a heavy plastic bag: combine corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, mustard, and pepper.
3. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg and water together, then set aside.
4. Pat fish fillets dry and dip in egg mixture, transfer one piece at a time to the plastic bag and shake gently to coat. When done, place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Place cooked fish in a whole wheat pita and dollop with horseradish, low-fat mayonnaise, or salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 31.9g Total fat 9.5g Carbohydrates 71.7g Calories 503 Sodium 894mg Cholesterol 10.67mg