Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. Fresh or frozen fillets (sole, perch or tilapia)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Water
- Crispy Coating
- 1 cup Corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a heavy plastic bag combine corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, mustard and pepper.
3. In a shallow bowl lightly beat together egg and water, set aside.
4. Pat dry fish fillets and dip in egg mixture and transfer one piece at a time to plastic bag and shake gently to coat. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Place cooked fish in a whole wheat pita and dollop with horseradish, low fat mayonnaise or salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 31.9g Total fat 9.5g Carbohydrates 71.7g Calories 503 Sodium 894mg Cholesterol 10.67mg