rep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked white pea beans
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, diced
- 1 cup medium or hot chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cup Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl:combine the cooked beans, diced turkey, salsa and cheese. Divide mixture between 6 tortillas, placing mixture on the bottom half of the tortillas.
3. Begin to roll (like a cabbage roll), tucking in the sides as you go and place seam down on a non-stick cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy
5. Serve with a dollop of low-fat sour cream, finely chopped jalapeños, minced garlic or green onions for spicier tortillas.
If you are using canned beans make sure to drain and rinse them well.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 31g Total fat 15g Carbohydrates 51g Calories 478 Sodium 873.4mg Cholesterol 30.7mg