Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4oz. each)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1-2 med. limes)
- 1 tbsp low-fat peanut butter
- 1 tbsp glight soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin or the smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten chicken. Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small non-metallic bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Put the marinade and chicken in an airtight plastic bag and turn the bag to coat. Seal and refrigerate from 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken onto each skewer.
- Grill the chicken skewers on each side for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Nutritional information per serving (2 skewers): Protein 5g Total Fat 1g Carbohydrates 0g Calories 70 Sodium 51mg Cholesterol 16mg