Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 cup Cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 11/2 tsp Salt
- 10 oz. Cous cous
- 21/2 cup Zucchini, in half inch slices
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch Ground cloves
- Pinch Ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- 11/2 tbsp Canola oil
- 6 oz. Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Minced fresh ginger
- In a 4 quart dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally until browned about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add cumin and cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add ginger, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in onion and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- Add cauliflower, broth and salt. Cover, increase heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Prepare cous cous according to package directions and set aside.
- Add zucchini and reserved mushrooms to cauliflower mixture. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, cloves and cardamom. Serve over cous cous.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 13g Total fat 7g Carbohydrates 60g Calories 339 Sodium 833mg Cholesterol 0mg