Prep time: 20 minutes
- 11⁄2 cup Cooked brown rice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Green peppers, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 4 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 28 oz. Tomatoes, diced
- 3 oz. Can of tomato paste
- 10 oz. Red kidney beans, canned
- 1⁄2 cup Soybeans, canned
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
1. Follow directions on package to cook brown rice, set aside when done.
2. In a large stock pot heat oil until hot, add onions, garlic, green peppers, celery and carrots. Cook vegetables until tender, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse canned beans.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and canned beans. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in rice, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 7.6g Carbohydrates 74.5g Calories 439 Sodium 961mg Cholesterol omg