What happens if you eat a tomato everyday?
Eating tomatoes daily will ensure that you get an array of nutrients which will help promote the better functioning of your body. Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants which help flush out harmful free radicals from your system. Thus, preventing cancer and other deadly diseases. In today’s blogpost, I will be sharing with you a simple tomato-based recipe that you can try at home.
Tomato Bruschetta Bread
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced onion
- 1 large tomato, diced
- A pinch of dried oregano
- A pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Under broiler or in toaster oven; toast bread on both sides until brown.
- Rub one side of hot toast with the cut side of garlic.
- While the bread is toasting, heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat; add onion to the skillet and cook, stirring until tender.
- Add tomato, oregano, and pepper to the skillet; stir to mix.
- Spoon tomato mixture over the garlic side of the hot toast and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, sprinkle the toast with parmesan and broil for 1 minute.
Makes 4 servings.