What happens if you eat a tomato everyday?
Eating tomatoes daily will ensure that you get an array of nutrients which will help in better functioning of your body. ... Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants which helps in flushing out the harmful free radicals from the system. Thus, preventing cancer and other deadly diseases.
Tomato Bruschetta Bread
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced onion
- 1 large tomato, diced
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Under broiler or in toaster oven; toast bread on both sides until brown.
- Rub one side of hot toast with cut side of garlic.
- While bread is toasting, heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat; add onion and cook, stirring, until tender.
- Add tomato, oregano, and pepper; stir to mix.
- Spoon tomato mixture over garlic side of hot toast and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, sprinkle with parmesan and broil for 1 minute.
Makes 4 servings.