- 6 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 oz brie cheese, rind removed and finely chopped
- 8 oz shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 oz fresh baby arugula
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
2. Place shallot and garlic in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup reserved pasta water over shallot mixture. Steep for 5 minutes.
3. Place pasta and cheese in a large bowl; toss to combine. Stir in chicken, vinegar, shallot mixture, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and salt.
4. Combine oil and arugula. Add arugula mixture to pasta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper and tomato.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 14g Carbohydrates 38g Calories 376 Sodium 365mg Cholesterol 58mg