- 1/2 cup packed spinach
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup white beans, washed
- 4 8inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a food processor or blender, add in spinach, kale, apple, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of cheese. Pulse until well combined.
2. Divide the mixture into two, and spread evenly on two tortillas. Sprinkle half of the beans and half of remaining cheese on each tortilla. Cover with remaining two tortillas.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in half of the oil and let it get hot.
4. Place tortillas into skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
5. Let cool slightly, and cut each quesadilla into four pieces.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 10g Total fat 23g Carbohydrates 43g Calories 497 Sodium 626mg Cholesterol 43mg Fibre 5g Sugar 3g