- 2 small pineapples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 1 3/4 cups chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced and peeled
1. Prepare grill and set on a medium heat.
2. Pat pineapple dry with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and red pepper. Sprinkle pineapple evenly with sugar mixture.
4. On a grill coated with cooking spray, place pineapple and grill for about 4 minutes per side or until golden.
5. Cool pineapple completely and chop into bite sized chunks.
6. In a large bowl, add pineapple, lettuce and remaining ingredients. Toss well and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 1.5g Total fat 3.1g Carbohydrates 14.5g Calories 78 Sodium 298mg Cholesterol 18mg Fibre 2.2g