|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 2/3 cups Dry bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp Paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 Egg whites
- 11⁄2 lbs. Cod fillets, at least 1⁄2 thick
- 6 Lemon wedges (optional)
- Tartar Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sweet green relish
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill, minced or
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 450ºF.
- To make tartar sauce, combine mayonnaise, dill, relish, horseradish, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Lightly beat egg whites in another shallow bowl. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pat dry fish with paper towels. Cut fish into thick strips. One at a time, dip pieces in egg whites then in crumb mixture coating both side with crumbs then place on baking sheet. Allow some space between pieces.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Fish is ready when it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 30.7g Total fat 2.7g Carbohydrates 15.3g Calories 203 Sodium 578mg Cholesterol 55.3mg