|Prep Time:||10 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 2 cup Fresh asparagus, cut into 3⁄4 inch pieces
- 21/2 cup Reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp Ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Low fat sour cream
- 1 cup Water
- In a medium saucepan combine asparagus, 11⁄2 cups broth, onion and ginger root. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Carefully pour about half the hot mixture into a food processor or blender puree. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Put cornstarch in a small bowl and add remaining broth, stirring to dissolve. Add cornstarch mixture and salt to vegetable mixture. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly about 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Pour soup into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled about 2 hours.
- To serve whisk in sour cream.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 7.4g Total Fat 5.1g Carbohydrates 17.3g Calories 140 Sodium 337mg Cholesterol 15mg