Heart Niagara’s community preparedness program is delivered to Niagara’s 12 municipalities with the goal of creating safer and more resilient communities.
Our organization offers AED placement, AED, CPR and First Aid training, community forums, Healthy Heart Schools’ Program and workplace training. These courses teach participants how to respond during an emergency situation with skills that can help save a life.
Together we can strengthen the chain of survival.
Heart Niagara is following the guidelines of Health and Safety authorities to keep our clients and staff safe:
- Students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the class and wait in waiting room to be brought in. We are located at 4635B Queen Street Niagara Falls; there is free parking behind the building off Park Street.
- Students must bring lunch and beverages we do not recommend going outdoors for food service to reduce physical exchanges outside the group.
- Students must bring their own writing materials.
- All students are required to bring a face mask or facial covering. For those who do not bring a mask, one will be offered at a nominal cost.
- As participants arrive, they will be required to complete and sign a short self-assessment declaration at the beginning of each day of training.
- Wash/sanitize your hands throughout the day. Sanitizer will be available at all training facilities.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay at home. If you are unable to attend, for this reason, you will be re-scheduled for a future class at no additional cost or penalty.
- Students will be sitting apart from other participants using appropriate social distancing guidelines. To ensure employees and students maintain distance, we will be placing decals/tape on the floor to direct traffic flow and limit the number of students in a classroom at a time.
- Individual students will be assigned workstations with the required supplies that will not be shared with other students during the class.
- Hands-on activities have been modified to help further reduce risk.
In addition, we have taken the following precautions:
- Heart Niagara will sanitize and disinfect shared surfaces and training equipment.
- All desks and chairs will be sanitized before each class, with commercially available disinfectants. Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day.
- All doors, where possible, will be propped open to avoid excess contact with door handles.
- Instructors will wear gloves anytime they are distributing or collecting paperwork or supplies.
The most important thing is to make sure we conduct business in a safe environment as you complete your training through Heart Niagara, providing certification through Perri-Med.