Whether your AED (Automated External Defibrillator) was purchased for your home, school or business, like any machine, AEDs need to be maintained.
An AED is a lifesaving device and therefore it’s imperative that it is always kept in a state of readiness for use.
Equipment Management Requirements:
- The self-tests are automatic and comprehensive
- Single Chirp – Press Blue I – Button
- Triple Chirp – Remove the device from use, and contact Heart Niagara
- AED Checklist needs to be completed monthly.
- Fast Response Kit needs to be checked monthly.
- Pad expiration date is every two years.
- Battery expires every five years.
- Train staff annually in CPR and AED use.