|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 Yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 Small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 Medium potatoes
- 1 cup Low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Evaporated 2% milk
- Preheat broiler and lightly spray 1 medium and 1 small baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place pepper cut side down in a medium pan. Combine onions, olive oil and garlic in a small pan. Place both pans under broiler. Broil onions for 5 minutes and peppers until they begin to blister and char.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes on high.
- Let peppers sit until cool enough to handle. Using a paring knife, peel off and discard skins. Slice into strips. Add peppers to bowl with onions, along with basil. Mix well.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1⁄4 inch thick rounds.
- To assemble quiche spray an 8 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half the potatoes over the bottom of the pan, top with half the pepper mixture followed by half the cheese. Repeat layering.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg substitute, milk, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until quiche is firm to touch and cheese is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 13g Total fat 4.8g Carbohydrates 26.3g Calories 194 Sodium 424.mg Cholesterol 15mg