|Prep Time:||45 Min||Servings:||16 brownies||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 2 Large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup Low fat buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 11⁄2 cup Sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp Skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt stirring well.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk egg whites. Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Mix into flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl stirring well. Stir in vanilla, then gradually stir in milk until frosting is spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 2g Total fat 1g Carbohydrates 38g Calories 163 Sodium 112mg Cholesterol 0mg