|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 5 oz. Evaporated milk
- 2 tsp Cider vinegar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp Baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup Honey
- 6 oz. Baby food sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Egg substitute, or 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1⁄4 Ground flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup Raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, or chopped peeled apple
- In a medium bowl combine milk and vinegar let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In another bowl combine flours, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon.
- To milk mixture add honey, sweet potatoes, egg, oil and flax. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Fold in raisins and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Set on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 6g Total fat 3g Carbohydrates 63g Calories 291 Sodium 117mg Cholesterol 1mg