|Prep Time:||40 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 2 Sweet green peppers
- 1⁄4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 Sweet red pepper
- 28 oz. Canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 -19 oz. Canned black beans
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Chipotle peppers minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground cumin
- Coriander sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes, chop onions and mince garlic. Set aside.
- Halve and seed peppers. Place on baking sheet skin side up and broil till blackened.
- Transfer to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel off skins, chop and set aside.
- In dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and cinnamon until onion is softened.
- Add 1 cup water. Cover and simmer, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes, set juice aside and cut into quarters.
- Drain canned beans and rinse.
- Add tomatoes and juice, beans, chipotles, adobo sauce, reserved peppers and any juices and oregano to pot.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. Garnish with coriander sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 16g Total fat 5g Carbohydrates 66g Calories 354 Sodium 827mg Cholesterol 0mg