|Prep Time:||1 Hour||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||Easy|
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 31⁄2 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Fresh oregano, or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté beef for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Add onion and garlic to same skillet. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Return beef and remaining ingredients to skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until sauce is thickened and beef is tender.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 29g Total fat 14.9g Carbohydrates 13.4g Calories 302 Sodium 373mg Cholesterol 90mg