|Prep Time:||1.5 Hours||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 2 lb. Boneless lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 3 cup Water
- 1⁄2 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Unsweetened applesauce or prunes
- 6 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 4 Large potatoes
- In a medium plastic bag combine flour and pepper.
- Add lamb a few pieces at a time and shake to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat.
- Cook lamb for 5 minutes, or until brown on all sides.
- Transfer lamb to a plate.
- Pour off excess fat and wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Return lamb to skillet.
- Stir in water, onions, applesauce and curry powder and simmer uncovered for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Wash and cut potatoes, boil for 30 minutes. Drain and garnish with parsley.
- Stir lemon juice into lamb mixture and serve with potatoes or rice.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 5g Calories 179 Sodium 74mg Cholesterol 73mg